Monday, October 13, 2008

Watts Up with Racism among the Chinese community?


Watts Up with Racism among the Chinese community?


After finishing Dr. John Henrik Clarke’s book on Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Holocaust, I’ve been hookin’ it up with 1421: The Year China Discovered America by Gavin Menzies. As y’know my field of interests lie in not the black or white, but the variation of grey CONNECTIONS/RELATIONSHIPS that exist between cultures. So hold up….

Purple Yamster Storytime Exclusive: As a kid, I would often watch public television specifically Channel 28 KCET; there was a special on the Watts Towers. Damn, the Towers intrigued me, tall metal structures that reach the sky, so I told me Pops that I wanted to visit the Towers. He told me, “Nah, we can’t go there, we’ll get robbed [by black people].” In the Chinese language, there is a term used for all non-Chinese peoples, but specifically for black people, it’s called “black ghost. ” So growing up, I had this and still see this type of racism play out between my physical family and relatives.

So back to connections and relationships, I was building with a so called Afrikan sister the other day and she told me at her Chinese Holistic Medicine institute, other Afrikan sisters have been having issues from the Chinese staff saying that they are giving them a hard time being intimidating and what not. Anyways, long story short, being that I’m solution oriented, I can’t wait to check this book out: Race and Racism in the Chinas: Chinese Racial Attitudes toward Africans and African-Americans by M. Dujon Johnson, so I can figure what's up, know what's the root of these conflicts.


http://science.jrank.org/pages/10955/Race-Racism-in-Asia-Race-Racism-in-China.html

No comments: